Friday, March 25, 2011

the sun is out, bright and beaming

i think thats a song....or something off a comedy sketch (said in higher pitch questioning tone)? either way as i looked out the window and search for a title thats what came out...enjoy! especially after rereading my last debby downer post, sheesh i had to put something to lighten to tone haha... as i read it i could hear myself telling someone that whole phrase, getting faster and lounder as i listed the reasons i was DONE with that day, on the verge of frustration tears as it got closer to the conclusion. aaah so now we have all learned i get a little anxious and cranky when i get cabin fever! :) lets just say id have prob had a completely different tone and outlook if brent hadnt been on his death bed, thats for sure. poor guy! BUT in other news HES ALIVE and HAPPY, as am I! :)

well passing that bit of nonsense, i have exercised, straightened my hair, watched a little Nate Berkus solve minor design crimes and now i am ready to blog! well it is has been one whirlwind of a month and a half! i cannot believe that march is almost done!!! since last blogging i have been packing, moving, hosting showers, attending showers, unpacking, cleaning, finishing up work, vacationing, and weddinging ( you know you like that word...)! its waay too much to blog in one single sitting for my fingers and your eyes alike. so i figured what i would do would be do little installments of the happenings, some of which have photographic evidence while others do not.

first things first, Rachel and I hosted the Friends shower for our dear friend Jennifer the following Sunday after all the snow business. It was a lot of fun to practice some of my D-I-Y-ness and creativity with entertaining people. im not typically the host, dont really know why thats not in my nature, maybe cause i lived with jennifer who is awesome at hosting and organizing so i never had to lol i dunno, either way it was a lot of work but a lot of fun and totally worth every minute! i thought id take a sec to show you some of the stuff i made for Jennifers shower and a pic or two of her enjoying it! :)


as you walked in we had set up a little sign in table complete with a little gift i made for her. Jennifers colors for her wedding were beautiful royal blue and yellow but the second runner up was tiffany blue and red. we figured since she wasnt going to have those colors at her wedding we would make that the theme of this shower so at least she'd have an event in the color. Cool side note- she liked it so much these are now the colors they are going to do in their kitchen (and some of these items seen here will be displayed there :) ) Anywho, i loved the quite and i knew shes love and appreciate it so i made it into a nice little art piece for her. The sign in sheet will go in the little scrapbook im making her for this shower :) You can also see the tissue paper flowers i made for the event!

my craft i am most proud of are these babies. I made a flower bouquet out of EGG CARTONS! i found a little random tutorial online and it was really pretty easy to do (not super easy, but compared to things like paper or fabric flowers it was easy and i feel more forgiving- if ya messed up just glue a button on it or paint over it ;) ) i cut out each one to be a little different, i put everything from buttons, to old earings, to little fabric flowers in side them to complete the look, then different color green pipe cleaners to finish it off. i was really proud of how well they turned out, i may have to make some more....too bad i rarely eat eggs

for my gift for Jennifer i compiled my own version of a Marriage Survival Guide. I got her household items that she can def. use but i put little tags on each of them with a cute wordplay for each item with a tip for a successful marriage... there was everything from a chew toy to popsickle molds in that box lol i should taken a pic of the contents but i forgot! hope she liked it! :)

to finish it off heres a shot of the happy hostesses Rachel and I with the beaming bride! we had some smile shots but this sassy one was my fav, therefore, sassy wins! :)  i think ill finish off with this for todays post as not to overwhelm you with all this excitement that is my life ;P be back soon for more!!




1 comments:

loveisallaround said...

OMG I LOVED EVERYTHING from the shower! Seriously, the decorations were absolutely perfect.. it's the whole reason why I made it my kitchen colors! And those egg cartons are so neat! I freakin' loved the present. I can't use the stuff yet because I keep wanting to just look at them! I will put all the tags in my scrapbook though. ;-) And I can't believe you will be making another thing, a scrapbook! I can't wait to see it! Seriously, I can not thank you enough for everything. It was absolutely perfect, thoughtful, sweet and amazing! :-) -Jennifer

Post a Comment